Does your agency manufacture some product, and you want to figure out what you can do.to stop third parties from promoting your products on Amazon? Or maybe the scenario is reversed, and you are a seller who wants.to locate out how to get permission to sell brands on Amazon? No depend on which side of the fence you’re on, it’s crucial to recognize Amazon’s policies regarding.branded products and understand what steps you can take to protect your brand. Keep reading this article to locate the details!
Understanding Amazon’s philosophy on brand protection
When businesses start selling their products on Amazon, they quickly recognize one thing: Amazon strives to provide the best possible experience for the customer, not the seller. This is unfortunate but understandable, so you just need to know Amazon’s policies and figure out how to adapt your activity to them. And one of the key things is.to understand what rules the platform uses for its product listings. Here’s a quick recap:
- Amazon treats listings as communal property. If someone is already selling an identical product to yours on the platform, you can add your offer for this product. The same goes for your product listings – other sellers can add their own offers if they sell the same products and won’t violate any rules.
- Even if you don’t want other people to sell your products on Amazon, there’s nothing you can do about it. You can ask the e-commerce giant to take down your copyrighted photos or product description copy, but they won’t remove the product itself.
- Anyone can sell any product on Amazon as long as they obtain this product legally.
- Amazon will not remove products from its platform if third parties break the rules of their reseller agreements with the product manufacturer.
All of this sounds incredibly bad for sellers, but fortunately, there is right news too. There are plenty of techniques you can use to protect your brand on Amazon, and you simply need to know the proper ways to do it. Check out the next area for ideas and tips.
Ways to protect your brand from other sellers on Amazon
Join the Amazon Brand Registry Program
Whether you run a small organization that makes just a handful of products or a large corporation that has hundreds of objects in its catalog, you should strive to be a part of the Brand Registry Program as soon as you start promoting on Amazon. Being a member of this program allows you to attain access to numerous manufacturer protection and promotion equipment.that are not available to agents outside of this program. Here’s a shortlist:
- Brand analytics
- A dedicated tool for reporting copyright and trademark infringement
- Virtual bundles
- Brand dashboard
- A+ content
- Amazon Live
- Amazon Vine
- Amazon attribution
- Sponsored brands
When you be part of the Brand Registry program, Amazon will give you access to its committed tool that can be used to search for brands that use your copyrighted pics and trademarks in their listings. Once you discover that anyone is infringing on your intellectual property, you will be able to robotically report those retailers using the tool. However, you should make positive that the sellers in question are simply breaking Amazon’s rules.before submitting a claim. If you file several complaints that are later deemed to be invalid, Amazon can remove your capacity to submit further complaints.
Keep in thought that enrolling in the Brand Registry program still won’t provide you the ability.to prevent different people from selling your branded merchandise on Amazon. However, it will give you more manipulate over the way they are presented.
Monitor product listings
Of course, if your brand is enrolled in the Brand Registry program, the information you state in product listings should take priority over the changes.third-party merchandisers essay to make, but this doesn’t always be. To avoid potentially disastrous consequences, you should devote a staff member to cover all rosters for your brand’s products at least formerly a week. You can also use Amazon Listing Protection to get cautions for Buy Box losses, price, and keyword ranking changes.
You should also keep one or several lines with the complete product listings.However, you can snappily change the listing back to its original state using your dupe of the information, If you discover that a product table has been changed.by an unauthorized existent at any point.
Focus attention on the brand
Even if most of your sales occur on Amazon, you should still maintain an up-to-date website for your brand. Plus, you should always put the brand name on the packaging of each product you sell. Both of these will help you prove the ownership of your brand and the authenticity of your products. Plus, Amazon actually requires you to do these things if you want to join the Brand Registry program.
Sign agreements with distributors
In many cases, the problems product manufacturers face occur at once due to actions taken by distributors. Even even though Amazon will not enforce your agreements with distributors or put off sellers from the platform even if they are selling your merchandise without authorization, you can still do the entirety in your power to ensure that distributors don’t damage your business. Here are some suggestions:
- Create an iron-clad reseller policy and make sure it’s stated on all the documents distributors sign. Even if Amazon doesn’t enforce these documents, your attorney will be able to apply legal pressure to rogue resellers.
- Choose wholesale buyers carefully and vet each company before going into business with them. A wholesale buyer acting in bad faith can cause a lot of damage to your company.
- Avoid selling large amounts of products if you suspect that the customer may be selling your products online.
- State MAP pricing in reseller agreements to prevent other sellers from pricing you out of the platform.
Report counterfeit products
Follow these steps if you suspect that someone is selling a knockoff of your product on the platform:
- As soon as you discover the suspected counterfeit product, take a screenshot of the listing, the name and ID of the store, and the legal business name and address shown on the storefront.
- Buy the product using your Amazon account.
- Take photos and videos of the product and its packaging, compare the original and counterfeit products side by side, noting all the differences.
- Send this evidence to Amazon and explain the reasons for your complaint in detail.
Avoid using stickerless commingled products
If you use the Amazon FBA program to distribute your products, you will have the option to ship your products without applying Amazon barcode stickers to them. While this is sometimes a more convenient option, you should avoid using it because it can cause your authentic products to be mixed with knockoffs.
Think about becoming a vendor
The difference between Amazon sellers and vendors is that the first group sells products directly to customers. In contrast, the second sells products to Amazon itself, which then resells them to consumers. By becoming a vendor, you can gain almost complete control of all the information about your products on Amazon.
Hire an agency
Running all of your Amazon operations in-house can be very difficult and time-consuming. If you want to achieve the best results with your Amazon business, it’s a good idea to hire an experienced agency that can help your company grow and increase your profits. Schedule your free discovery call with one of Nuoptima’s Amazon growth experts today and start your journey towards a more profitable Amazon business.